1. I am working 14.5 hours today and 15 on Saturday. If I make it to Sunday, it will be a miracle. If not, well, it was nice knowing all of you!
2. I've already planned out the 3 things I will be doing Sunday: Sleeping. Running. Going back to sleep. If possible, I'll try to fit some eating and showering in there. No promises on the last one.
3. The hours can be rough sometimes, but my "office" kinda rocks, especially in weather like this:
4. I am addicted to this kombucha soda now. I grab a couple bottles every time I'm in Target, which let's be honest, is often. The root beer flavor is my favorite.
5. One of my charges got a new book today and I could not believe my eyes! I loved this book when I was little (even though it scared me):
6. I get teary-eyed every single time I read this book:
7. I have been loving this massage stick that I got at Target for like $10. It hurts so good. I've been using it on my lower legs and the results are similar to the ART (active release technique)/Graston that I got during physical therapy a few years ago. My shins have been a little testy the last few weeks so I've been massaging with this thing, icing, and wearing compression sleeves on long runs.
8. One week until the St. Luke's Half. I can't wait! This is me running it 3 years ago!
I'm off to do some baby whispering. I hope you all have a more relaxing weekend planned than I do!
Favorite children's books?
- I have too many to list!
Do you use foam rollers/massage sticks/etc as part of your running recovery routine?
What are you up to this weekend?