Friday, August 2, 2013

Georgia on my Mind

"Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, Don't know when I'll be back again"  Well, yes I do.  Anyway, tonight I am catching a plane down to Atlanta to spend two glorious weeks with my sister, brother-in-law and these little Georgia peaches:

I can't wait!  I love the ATL.  I love the sunshine, the weather, the people and of course seeing my sis!  Every time I travel south I am reminded just how much friendlier the people are down there and how much I love HOT weather.  I know Georgia was pretty rainy earlier in the summer so I'm hoping we get a string of rain-free days. 

I am also super excited because Saturday night we are headed to the Georgia Dome to see these guys in concert:

I CAN'T WAIT!! I've been wanting to see them for years and now it's finally happening, and in their home state no less.  What's crazy is, before these guys were world famous, they were playing in dive bars all over Atlanta and my brother-in-law used to go listen to them.  He even bought one of their CD's at a bar long before the songs were being played on the radio, so he knew all of their hits once they came out.  How cool is that?!

I'm hoping to be able to blog down there, but what usually happens is 90% of the day is spent occupying the little nuggets, which only leaves 10% for eating, sleeping and other necessities...Hahaha.  In any case, I'll definitely be updating Instagram and Twitter with pictures and tidbits so we can keep in touch there.  And I'll also be keeping up with the 30 Day Push Up Challenge as well (hopefully I can rope my sister into that!). 

Hope you all have a great couple of weeks!

How about you?  Have you been to any concerts this summer?


  1. Sounds like a great trip! How is ATL as far as running goes?

    My whole family went to see Paul McCartney in DC earlier this summer - it was the kids' first concert and they loved it!

  2. Psst. I can't find your email address. Email me at for my book giveaway!