Wednesday, June 11, 2014

10 Essential Life Lessons

The past few days have brought a whirlwind of bizarre, trying and puzzling situations into my life.  I'm blaming it on the current Mercury retrograde, but I'm thinking there were also some lessons I just needed to re-learn at this time.  If find yourself in the same waters anytime soon (I hope not), perhaps some of these will speak to you too.

 
1.  You can't control everything.  Or anything sometimes, for that matter!  Best to learn this one early.
 
2.  Don't take everything personally.  People say things when they're stressed or angry that they really don't mean.  We all do.  It has nothing to do with you.
 
3.  The sooner you let go of things that aren't meant for you, the better.  Let it Gooooooooooooooooooo, Let it Gooooooooooooooo.  Don't hang on to things that are no longer serving you out of comfort or fear.  (Sometimes much easier said than done.)
 
4.  Not everyone is going to like you.  And vice versa.  Shocking I know, but true.
 
5.  You can never really know what another person is thinking.  So don't even try. 
 
6.  Your worth is not determined by others' opinions of you.  When it comes to your self worth, yours is the only opinion that matters. 
 
7.  Do unto others.  Treat others as you would like to be treated - With a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
 
8.  Car repairs always end up costing more than you think they will.  It helps to get a second opinion.  #TimeToTradeInForABike
 
9.  Life will surprise you, every single day.  The only constant is change, right?
 
 
AND LASTLY,
 
10.  Vegan Treats make everything better.  FACT.
 
Vegan ice cream, not dog feces, I promise :)

 
 
Have you learned any lessons recently, either willingly or unwillingly?!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love these. I would add that I think that not only will not everyone like you, but not everyone SHOULD like you. You should piss some people off in life--it means that you are stirring the pot, getting to the heart of the matter. I don't think that you should piss EVERYONE off, but never be afraid to do something (within morals and ethics, of course) just because there is a possibility that someone might disapprove. Because that is nonsense. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG MERCURY screwed with me so much on Saturday when Mercury in Retrograde started! UGHHHHH! But I am doing far better now THANK GOODNESS! ha ha! I NEVER let anything get to me but for some reason, Saturday - UGH! LOL!

    ReplyDelete