1. The man possessed the only XY chromosome in a house filled with estrogen, including my two sisters, my mother and our female toy poodle. I don't know how he did it. He deserves a medal just for that.
2. The man wears cutoff jorts and knee high tube socks to cut grass, and rocks it. Probably one of the few men alive who can pull off that look. Or at least he thinks so ;) [JK Dad, I love your grass cutting outfit]
3. He fostered a love of sports and being active in us from a very young age. There was no sitting around for us kids - he encouraged us to get out, move and play. We were also attending PSU football games since before we could walk.
4. He is one of the hardest workers I know. I credit him for teaching me the value of hard work, no matter the endeavor, doing your best, and not leaving things unfinished.
5. He is one of my biggest supporters. My dad worked full time, but still made it to every one of our Little League games, band concerts, track meets and anything else we were involved in, to cheer us on, win or lose. Even now, he still comes to every race of mine he can. Heck, he met me at 3 different points of the Runner's World Half last fall just to see me pass by for a split second!
6. He shows he cares by doing, and goes out of his way to do so. He still sends all of us kids Valentines! He changes the oil in my car, or fills the tank when I'm home for a visit. He cooks my favorite foods when I'm home, and sends me emails every now and then just to say Hi.
7. He may or may not have single-handedly made my Styrofoam airplane for middle school science class, which subsequently won the distance flight test. I plead the fifth.
8. When I was homesick in college, he drove an hour and a half each way every weekend to come pick me up and take me home.
9. He loves being a Grandpop. I hope one day I can add to his growing brood.
10. For some reason, he loves me unconditionally. Still can't wrap my head around that one :)
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!
What makes your Dad awesome?!