Friday, September 5, 2014

Stranger Things Have Happened

I typed 'stranger things have happened' into Pinterest and this is what came up.
Sold.  Now grab your toilet seats and let's go!
 
 
I am running a half marathon in 2 days.  Excuse me, what?  Funny how a race sneaks up on you when you just signed up a month ago. 
 
If you have been anywhere on the East Coast the past week, you will understand when I say it has been super GROSS outside lately.  I dk what has been up with the outrageous heat & humidity.  It hasn't been like this all summer, but the past week the humidity has been at 75% OR HIGHER.  Needless to say, this has had the effect of making running in said humidity completely nauseating.  All you PSL fans are delusional because Fall is most definitely NOT here. 
 
This week I tapered so my long run on Sunday was only 7 miles.  Let me just tell you those 7 miles in the blazing sun and thick, thick air were so sickening and about 20x worse than my 10 mile run the weekend before in Hotlanta.  Not even sure how that's possible.
 
So, I am blindly hoping the temps drop by about, oh 30 degrees or so, between now and Sunday, otherwise this may be the first race I actually vomit during.  Wheeeeeeeeee! Well, stranger things have happened right?!  Let's just pray for a meteorological miracle here.
 
In any case, I'm excited to be racing this weekend, with my sister no less, and plan on enjoying a course I've never run before.  Although my training was abbreviated, I still feel good about where I am.  I have never run a 13 mile race in this kind of heat so I can't really predict how my body will react.  I will, however, be carb loading the entire weekend with Vegan Treats, which will most surely be a racing asset. 
 
Really, I think this weather is much more conducive to horizontal running.  Unfortunately I'm not the race director and can't make that call.  Running 13 miles in a supine position with the AC blasting sounds good right about now. 
 
 
 
C'est la vie!  Think some good thoughts for me and my sis :)  Catch you on the flipside!
 
 
Don't forget to enter yesterday's giveaway!  I was just informed I can actually select THREE winners so get on over there and get in the game!
 
 

What are your weekend plans? 

Has your weather been humidity city lately?!

8 comments:

  1. A week and a half ago I had a long run in the worst humidity ever. LIke, it was unconscionable. Now, it feels humid, but not insufferable, more what I would expect. Have a great race! And , if all else fails, drink the air :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather miraculously turned around on Sunday! Was that your doing Susie?! If so, THANKS from me and my sis :)

      Delete
  2. I give you lots of credit for running! I have never truly ever been able to run due to my bad knees and feet. Even if I could run I probably wouldn't. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you Amy. I'm sorry to hear you have knee and feet issues. Thanks for your good wishes too!!

      Delete
  3. Good luck to you and to your sister! Humidity is the worst; hope it dies down before your race. Spend the rest of the weekend horizontal recovering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, horizontal recovering did indeed occur! Thank you for the good luck wishes - the weather turned out to be pretty great and I'm sure your wishes had a part in that!

      Delete
  4. Good luck this weekend! I hope it's 20% humidity and 65 degrees Sunday...hey, we can dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The weather turned out to be pretty wonderful after all!

      Delete