- What on God's green earth is a "booty like a Cadillac"?? Do I want one of these? Do I have one? I ponder this every single time this song comes on the radio, which is like 50x a day
- Taylor Swift's new album drops today and the CD player in my car has been broken for months. OH THE HUMANITY! How am I going to live? TSwift is just my favorite ever, and each time she's released a new album it has played on repeat in my car for weeks. I suppose I could download it on iTunes like the rest of the modern world but my car doesn't have an adapter so I would just have to turn the volume waaaaaaaaaay up on my iPhone while it sits in my passenger seat. So bootleg!
- This weekend I stopped in to see Sarah at Charm City Run! I had a gift certificate that was about to expire and baby needed a new pair of shoes. So, I did something kinda crazy. I ordered moon shoes (aka Hokas). I can't wait to get them! (However, I'm mildly worried no one will want to be seen with me/run with me in these things.) I already run in max cushioned standard running shoes (Nike Vomeros) but these take cushioning to a whole new level. They felt amazing and bouncy on my test run, and surprisingly were extremely light - lighter than my Nikes. Amazing. Once I get them and run in them more, I'll give you guys more feedback.
- I got all kinds of great things in the mail this weekend. My mom surprised me and sent me a Graze snack box! The woman is constantly worried I'm not eating enough. Her famous first and last words each time I see her "EAT SOMETHING!" Is this an Italian thing or does everyone's mother do this?! I haven't tried the snacks yet, but when I do I'll let you know what I think. They are all GMO free, trans fat free and don't use high fructose corn syrup or artificial ingredients. Sounds legit.
- And I received a recent Amazon order containing my very favorite protein powder in all the land as well as my current favorite vegan bars. Just goodness to eat for weeks here.
- I just realized that October is nearly over and I haven't had a SINGLE piece of candy corn to date! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I have no idea how this happened. Candy corn comes but once a year and my window of opportunity is slowly closing. I think the problem here is that October just went WAY too fast. This situation calls for emergency action. What if all of the stores are already sold out?!
- Every time I go to the library, I pick up this book and then put it down because I know the nightmares it reveals, and I know once I read it I'll try to go full vegan again. I was thiiiiiis close to checking it out at the library yesterday and once again chickened out.
- There are very few, if any, advantages to cold weather, but I was just recently reminded of one this week. LESS FREQUENT LEG SHAVING! Hip hip hooray
- Annnnnnnnnd, it's going to be 75 degrees in Baltimore tomorrow. I plan to don my swimsuit for my evening run.
Tell me something random!
Ever run in Hokas?! Would you?
What's the last piece of great mail you received?