1. On Saturday morning I got my FIRST haircut in 2.5 years!!!!!! Finally made that happen. I figured it was either that or become full-on Rastafarian. I went into the salon looking like a shaggy mess and came out lookin' feelin' like a million bucks. The girl that cut my hair was super talented and really knew her way around a curly head of hair. When she was done she put my wet hair in cornrow/twists and told me to sleep in them and I'd wake up with the most magical hairdo ever. I obliged and even went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping with my hair looking like this:
If only we could all be this cool!
And then Sunday morning I woke up, unrolled them, and looked like this:
Get a good look, because my hair will never, ever look that good again!
2. While out doing said shopping, I purchased my FIRST Christmas presents of the season. At this rate I should be finished by about Jan 31st or so. Making solid progress over here.
3. On Sunday morning I attended my Nanny Baby's FIRST birthday party! I have known this little peanut since he was 8 weeks old and it is amazing that an entire year has gone by. This has been the fastest year of my life, and I don't know if it's because I'm so much happier than I had been for a long time, or if I'm just getting really old! It has been a joy to care for and watch him grow from a teeny tiny baby into a walking, talking little boy. It has really been a meaningful, purposeful way to spend the last year of my life.
4. Sunday evening I had my very first Pho ever. (I totally pronounced that word incorrectly as 'Fo' until I saw a special on the Food Network and learned the correct pronunciation is 'Fuh'.) My friend recommended her favorite dish but I decided to be an adventurous little lamb and ordered something else. Andddddd, I didn't love it. It sure looked pretty though. My broth was sweet and sour, which is not really my thing. Her broth had a different flavor which I preferred. Better luck next time, Bean.
5. And lastly, not a first whatsoever, but I watched my favorite Christmas movie of all time:
Remember kids, "no [wo]man is a failure who has friends".
What were you up to this weekend?!
Do anything for the first time?!