We got a bunch of snow in PA (and Baltimore) this weekend. Ain't nobody got time for Winter anymore. Especially New England. Man, do I feel bad for those people. Also, I wish they would stop jumping out their windows into it.
Now, lots of little things from the weekend...
- My friend's baby shower, in which I apparently didn't snap any pics! She is nearly 7 months pregnant with twins and looks phenomenal. You would never guess she's got two babies in there. Her shower was in downtown Bethlehem in one of the original historic Moravian buildings. It was a really unique setting and I wish I had taken pics. Sorry :(
- My other friend's NEW BABY GIRL! Oh my, it's hard to put into words how small, sweet, precious, perfect she is. Maybe I just did. But she's lovely. All 5lbs 4oz of her! And I love her name: Elyse.
- I got some Valentine's from my Dad while I was home! Gummies of every shape and size. That's some good running fuel right there:
- My parents also surprised me with some Girl Scout Cookies. GSC season is different in PA than in MD. I'm pretty sure they come in the Fall in MD. Both of the cookies below are DAIRY FREE, just FYI for others in the same boat as me, and those new cranberry ones were really good. It's a citrus/lemon wafer cookie, with dried cranberries and made with whole grain.
- My mom sent me home with a loaf of her infamous, original, amazing zucchini bread. Perfect timing, because I just ran out of those 2 dozen frozen muffins I made a couple weeks ago. Obviously, I've already torn into it.
- My sister is currently pregnant and not running so she sent me home with an ENTIRE shoebox filled with all kinds of running fuel! I am going to be eating good for weeks with all these treats from my family.
- Anddddd, my Dad bought me a new heavy duty hand cream to try. I don't know what I did to deserve all these gifts this weekend. This hand cream is apparently made for man hands, lumberjacks, mechanics... and me?! Hahaha. Let's hope it works!
- Last Tuesday, PBS aired the first two episodes of their documentary "The Italian Americans", and will be airing the third and fourth episodes tomorrow evening. The first two were great and I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is interested in watching tomorrow. One of my favorite Italian-American authors, Adriana Trigiani, is featured in the show, as well as her hometown, the infamous Roseto, PA. Roseto is a little town close to where I grew up and has been the focus of several sociological and scientific studies due to the fact that the Italian inhabitants had some of the lowest rates of heart disease in the entire country [see 'The Roseto Effect'].
That's it! I hope everyone had a great weekend, despite the snow. Spring is coming, Spring is coming. Let's just keep repeating that to ourselves :)
What were you up to this weekend?
Try out any of the Pinterest workouts over the weekend?!
Has Girl Scout Cookie season come to your area?