- Garlic update! So, remember how I tried curing my Christmas flu with garlic and it didn't work? Well, last week I felt myself coming down with yet another cold from one of my kids (side note: when you work in someone's home, wipe their nose all day and get coughed on repeatedly, no matter how many times you wash your hands and use sanitizer, you're pretty much guaranteed to catch their germs!) I hit up the garlic hard core. I started eating raw garlic like I was planning for a vampire apocalypse. And once again, it didn't work :( So, I don't know if I'm just not catching these buggers early enough but garlic is 0 for 2 now. Anyone else ever had success fighting a cold with garlic?
- In an attempt to feel better from said cold, I left the grocery store last Friday with the cleanest cart full of food you ever did see. Green smoothies for days.
- Last week the cats (and I) watched "Voices From Auschwitz" on CNN. It was a special commemorating the 70th anniversary of the death camp's liberation. Harrowing. One day, I'd like to see it in person. Many of the survivors toured the site as part of the anniversary observance, but I can't imagine wanting to go back there ever again if I had lived through it. Also check out our TV. We like to keep things as low-tech as possible over here:
- New books! One for work, but the others are simply for the sweet sweet pleasure of consuming words:
- I wash my hands so much at work, that they are becoming painfully dry and cracking (and yet, I somehow still contract viruses?!). I just got this cream because it was cheap and had good reviews online but its not impressing me or improving my skin that much. Also it contains parabens which I'd rather steer clear of. Anyone in healthcare/teaching/etc have the same issue and can recommend a reallllllllllly good hand cream? Regular lotions are just not cutting it!
- Gift for one of my new families. I love the design trend of putting animal faces on the rumps of infant clothing. If only it were acceptable for me to wear pants like this (I would):
- In addition to all this randomness, I've made it my job the past 2 weeks to try out every non-dairy popcorn currently on the market! Tough job stuffing my face with bags and bags of salty snacks but I am hoping to have a post up soon with the fruits of my labor. So fear not, my fellow compadres in search of dairy-free snacking goodness, help is on the way!
Has garlic ever cured any of your ills?!
Have any magic cream that will save my hands?!