1. I have been making and eating faux Chipotle burrito bowls all summer long. How do I make these you might wonder? Well I'll tell you! They involve very little cooking which is a HUGE plus!
The base is this summer salad recipe I got from my sister last year and have made dozens of times since because I love it so much:
(Black beans, red pepper, cilantro.
I left out the corn this time because I ate corn-on-the-cob with dinner)
Then I add some ground turkey with taco seasoning:
Sometimes I stop there and sometimes I add rice. This was brown rice in a bag which took about 2 minutes to make in the microwave! HA
And TA-DA! A delicious homemade burrito bowl:
If I make this at the beginning of the week, there are enough leftovers that I can eat it for dinner for the rest of the week. So quick and easy when I come home from work. And that is the extent of my cooking and meal planning abilities.
2. While we're on the topic of food, I ate at Nalley Fresh for the first time ever this week and it was SO good! I can't believe I've never tried it before. It's a salad place that has 6 locations around Baltimore. You can build your own salad with whatever ingredients you want and they have a ton to choose from. Everything was incredibly fresh and delicious, and it kind of reminded me of my favorite-ever salad restaurant in the world, Chop't.
3. Still talking food here. (You would think I'm starving but I'm typing this right after dinner.) Anywho, you know how Amazon sends you emails with recommendations based on past purchases? Well, I received one of those recently and this was one of the items they recommended...GAG!
Just looking at that picture again is making me nauseous. I don't eat potato chips (don't like them) and I am not really a fan of ketchup. So a ketchup potato chip sounds like my worst nightmare. The rest of the email contained vitamins, protein bars and running socks so I have no idea why they thought ketchup flavored potato chips would tickle my fancy. BARF
4. MORE FOOD. What is going on with me tonight?! Naked finally came out with some non-dairy protein drinks. So I picked up this one recently to try:
5. And finally a NON FOOD item! I got these shoes for the wedding I'll be attending in CA at DSW for $10!!! I kid you not.
They were on clearance for $20 and then I had a $10 coupon. I felt like an extreme couponer without the cameras and fame. The only wedding appropriate shoes I have are heels, and since the wedding is going to be outside at a vineyard I wanted comfortable flats or wedges. These are wedges and they are really really comfortable. They are almost as comfy as the flip flips that are permanently attached to my feet.
And that concludes my rambling for today!
Have a great Labor Day weekend, and remember SUMMER'S NOT OVER!
Do you have any quick go-to dinner meals?
Does Amazon ever give you bizarro recommendations?
What was the last great deal you got?!