After publishing so many random posts over the years on so many random days, I FINALLY decided to link up with Amanda at Running With Spoons for her infamous TOL Thursday post. I am just all over the place with everything going on in my life currently and felt like I needed to add a little structure to my madness. I have no idea if I will continue to do this weekly or if I can commit to this week only. I'm a little delirious this week. So here we go:
1. I worked nearly 60 CONSECUTIVE hours over Labor Day weekend starting at 3am Sat morning. Which means I slept for 2 hours that night. Ohhhhhhhhhh I'm not kidding. While everyone was picnicking, beaching, or just sleeping in, I was working. I'm going on Day 11 of work here without a break. Obviously if I didn't believe 100% in my work and care so much about it, I would not have made it through. But having said that, vacation cannot come fast enough!
2. I'm almost done booking my rooms on Airbnb. I know what you're thinking. My trip is less than a week away and I still don't have places to stay?! See #1 for reference. I literally have had no down time. Plus, I am good at rolling last minute. It's how I thrive. I've booked a few rooms so far and the hosts I've been in contact with seem really inviting and genuine. And then I read articles like this:
3. On the workout front, I'm still not running and my leg is still bothering me :( I took an entire week of rest, which did absolutely nothing! So I started back up walking, lifting, biking, rowing and HIIT/strength exercises. I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do. I've been trying to ice it when I remember and foam roll more but MAN do I miss running :(
4. I made these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread muffins from My Inner Shakti and they were pretty good! (I cooked. I know. Blame it on the stress/sleep deprivation.) The only thing I didn't particularly care for was the taste of the whole wheat flour. I've never baked with it before but it made the muffins a bit denser and drier than I think they would have otherwise been. So I'd prob use regular flour next time. And maybe a bit more coconut oil to make them moister.
5. I am currently addicted to this delicious coconut concoction:
6. My work can be exhausting at times, but I love it and put my whole heart into it. And then I get days like this. I am outside, standing in the middle of a perfect living landscape, playing with a child, and I think DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?!
7. I have a fortune-telling app on my phone in which I crack a little cookie and get some wise little words each morning. It's stupendous. This was one I got a couple days ago. YES PLEASE
6 MORE DAYS! I should probably finish booking my rooms and start thinking about what I need to pack?! I have 1 day off this weekend. My first in 14 days. I plan on running around like a chicken with my head cut off accomplishing everything that needs to be done in 24 hours.
And that's all I have for my very first Thinking Out Loud post. I hope your weeks are a bit calmer than mine! Go forth and conquer my friends :)
Tell me something RANDOM!
What was the last recipe you made? How'd it turn out?
Do you enjoy fortune cookies?!