Monday, December 2, 2013

Home for the Holiday ... in Pictures

I'm back in Baltimore today after a four day weekend in Pennsylvania eating everything in sight celebrating Thanksgiving!  We actually had 2 Thanksgivings - one on Thursday and one on Saturday.  I am officially turkeyed out.  Besides eating, I also got to spend some time with friends back home and do some running.  When I got back in town tonight I headed to boot camp, where I just spent the last 45 minutes flipping a tire the size of a house up and down the parking lot, so you'll have to excuse me if this post is a bit light on words and heavy on pictures.  I think my arms are about to fall off and I'm not sure how much longer I can type :/  Actually, let's just say a post filled with pictures is more artistic.  Yep that's it :)  Enjoy!


Decided to register at the last minute for a Turkey Trot back home.  I'm just not good at sitting still.  Unfortunately, I checked the weather forecast AFTERWARD.  Hellloooo 20 degrees. 
 
Frozen.
 
 
Thanksgiving!  Clockwise, from top left:  1. Moscato - how have I never had this wine?! It's DELISH.  2. The glorious table of food.  3. Ninja-bread men made by my little cousins.  Get it? They are karate gingerbread men. HA!  4. The token plate of food pic.  5. Me and my momma
 
My Thanksgiving plate.  My absolute favorite item of all is the Italian meat stuffing in the top right there.  Ground beef, spinach and pignoli nuts.  I literally wait all year for that.  Some other Italian delicacies include stuffed mushrooms (bottom right) and fried artichoke stalks (not pictured).  In addition, my cousin urged me to try the turkey liver.  Throwing all caution to the wind, I obliged in his little dare.  DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS.  That was worst thing that's touched my lips in years. 
 
 
Went for a 5 mi run around my parent's neighborhood yesterday.  It was about 20 degrees warmer.  Suh-weet!!
 
 
Got to hang out with some of these back-home beauties last night.  Oh how I love a good friends reunion and some girl talk.
 
 
Andddd, finally - I can now join the ranks of the 'cool kids' club with this intricate Rainbow Loom bracelet, handmade for me by this awesome 11 year old
 
 

And there you have it.  Family, Friends, Food!  My Thanksgiving did not involve any shopping.  In fact my only Black Friday purchases were the race entry fee for above Turkey Trot and some Vegan Treats.  You can clearly see where my priorities lie :)
 
 
Hope you all had wonderful holiday weekends, and Happy Hanukkah if you're in the midst of celebrating that holiday as well!
 
 
 
Feel free to share with me some highlights from your Thanksgiving!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment