1. I just finished reading this book, that I picked up at the book exchange on vacation:
Apparently, I have the literature interests of a 75 year old man.
Truthfully, I didn't know much about Jerry Lewis going into this book, other than that he was the MDA telethon guy. I picked it up because I'm a big Dean Martin and Rat Pack fan and I must say, I quite enjoyed the book. The insights into what these men and showbiz was like in the 40's and 50's was kind of eye opening. If you are naïve enough to think that most entertainers and actors in those days didn't have Mob connections and girlfriends on the side (like I was), well, then this will shatter those notions. But, the relationship between Martin and Lewis, which is the heart of this story, is also incredibly touching and unique.
2. I baked muffins last week. By myself. From scratch. With real blueberries. I don't even know who I am anymore:
I am becoming a domestic goddess. Watch out world.
3. I recently bought these running shorts at Forever 21 on a whim (I know, I'm like 10 years past the age limit for that store) and they are probably my favorite running shorts ever right now:
I don't shop that much for myself but I had just given away a bunch of old, ill-fitting running shorts last month during my Minimalist Game and I had to replenish! Plus, these were less than $16. They are incredibly comfortable, loose, breathable and feel way more high end than $16! I honestly think these are on par with shorts I have from Nike, UA, and Reebok. And they even have a zip pocket in the back for keys! If you are not ashamed to walk into your local Forever 21, then I think you owe it to yourself to go check out a pair of these bad boys for yourself.
4. I won a bunch of coconut water from Walgreens through Twitter a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since:
I already enjoy coconut water immensely and drink it pretty often (usually Zico), but I didn't even know Walgreens had their own brand. I'm guessing maybe this is new and that's why they were hosting a giveaway, but I must say it is indeed Delish. Yesterday I was out running errands and was so thirsty I actually popped into a Walgreens and bought one of these (yes, I realize I had them at home but that was doing me no good on the other side of town) so that's how much I actually love this stuff.
5. I was introduced to a new blog last week via a guy from Tinder, and I really like it. It's called People Passionate, and I'd encourage you to give a quick read. It's not a running blog but it's authored by a guy who left his corporate job to pursue his passion (it's a theme with me lately, what can I say) and he publishes a lot of really positive content. Soooooo, Tinder hasn't been great for my dating life but I'm getting new blogs out of it so not a total loss, right?!
6. We all know I am addicted to Buzzfeed quizzes. Sooooo, I took this quiz, and they guessed I am a TEENAGE BOY?!?! I'm not even going to attempt to analyze that.
6. Last week while on a walk (with a baby in a stroller, mind you) I witnessed an older gentleman gardening IN A SPEEDO. I can't make this up. The human race continues to befuddle me on a daily basis. Ahh well, to each his own!
Here's to another week of exciting adventures ahead!! Happy Monday y'all.
What are you reading right now?
Any good running clothing/equipment finds lately?
Seen anything bizarre on a run or walk lately?!