Without further ado, here are all the secrets contained in a single cat lady's refrigerator!
Let's start with the freezer:
- Frozen treats: Fruit bars, Cashew milk ice cream (vegan)
- Frozen veggies: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts
- Frozen seafood: Shrimp, Mussels
- Frozen fruit (for smoothies): Pineapple, Strawberries
- Cool whip (non-dairy topping for summer fruit)
- Random frozen dinner rolls from my mom!
- Ice packs (for running injuries!)
On to the main fridge. Here's what's on the door:
- Condiments: Salad dressing, mustard, cocktail sauce, horseradish, lime juice
- Jelly: 1 store-bought, and 2 jars of homemade strawberry jam from my Aunt
- Vegan butter alternative: I use Smart Balance (light)
- Hershey's syrup (dairy-free!)
- Real maple syrup
- Almond milk
And the Holy Grail:
- More almond milk!
- Brita pitcher (couldn't tell you the last time I actually changed the filter in that thing)
- Iced tea
- Coconut water
- Various Bolthouse and Naked juices
- Random 'natural' energy drink someone gave me, and I have yet to try
- White wine (Moscato)
- Champagne (I have zero recollection of when/where/why I got that champagne!)
- Natural/brown eggs
- English muffins (I keep my bread in the fridge thinking this makes it last longer. I have no idea if this is true.)
- Ground flaxseed (for smoothies)
- Takeout (from Carrabba's)
- Fruit: Currently grapes, oranges, and plums
- Veggies: Currently corn-on-the-cob and baby carrots
Andddddddd that's all she wrote.
After typing all of that out, I realize about 60% of the contents of my refrigerator are beverages! What can I say, I'm a thirsty girl, especially in the summer.
I'd say this is pretty representative of what's in my fridge most of the time. The only things currently missing are some greens and some kind of meat, which I'll pick up fresh later this week when I run out of those leftovers up there.
I haven't seen the inside of a ton of other single peoples' refrigerators, but I feel like I probably have more food than average?! I think this is due to the fact that I don't eat any meals out any more on a day to day basis. I used to buy lunches out a lot when I worked in an office, but I can't just peace out on the kids now and go for lunch! So I pack food all week and eat dinner at home almost every night. I only eat out or get takeout once or twice a week, usually on weekends, and it's pretty much always one of these 4 things:
Tell me what's in your fridge!! (Especially if you've got some weird things lurking back there)
And have a marvelous Tuesday.