Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend of Firsts

Top o' the morning and happiest of Mondays to you all!  I hope everyone had splendid little weekends.  I did a wide range of activities this weekend; many of them for the first time.  How is that possible you wonder for an old timer such as myself?!  Well, let me tell you.

1.  On Saturday morning I got my FIRST haircut in 2.5 years!!!!!!  Finally made that happen.  I figured it was either that or become full-on Rastafarian.  I went into the salon looking like a shaggy mess and came out lookin' feelin' like a million bucks.  The girl that cut my hair was super talented and really knew her way around a curly head of hair.  When she was done she put my wet hair in cornrow/twists and told me to sleep in them and I'd wake up with the most magical hairdo ever.  I obliged and even went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping with my hair looking like this:

If only we could all be this cool! 

And then Sunday morning I woke up, unrolled them, and looked like this:
 
Get a good look, because my hair will never, ever look that good again!
 
 
2.  While out doing said shopping, I purchased my FIRST Christmas presents of the season.  At this rate I should be finished by about Jan 31st or so.  Making solid progress over here.
 
 
3.  On Sunday morning I attended my Nanny Baby's FIRST birthday party!  I have known this little peanut since he was 8 weeks old and it is amazing that an entire year has gone by.  This has been the fastest year of my life, and I don't know if it's because I'm so much happier than I had been for a long time, or if I'm just getting really old!  It has been a joy to care for and watch him grow from a teeny tiny baby into a walking, talking little boy.  It has really been a meaningful, purposeful way to spend the last year of my life. 
 
 
4.  Sunday evening I had my very first Pho ever.  (I totally pronounced that word incorrectly as 'Fo' until I saw a special on the Food Network and learned the correct pronunciation is 'Fuh'.)  My friend recommended her favorite dish but I decided to be an adventurous little lamb and ordered something else.  Andddddd, I didn't love it.  It sure looked pretty though.  My broth was sweet and sour, which is not really my thing.  Her broth had a different flavor which I preferred.  Better luck next time, Bean.
 




5.  And lastly, not a first whatsoever, but I watched my favorite Christmas movie of all time:
 
Remember kids, "no [wo]man is a failure who has friends".
 
 
 

What were you up to this weekend?!

Do anything for the first time?!

8 comments:

  1. Hair looks gorgeous! Glad you had a good salon experience. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I think part of the reason I wait so long between haircuts is because I'm deathly afraid they're going to screw it up!

      Delete
  2. I love Pho! I also love Tom Yum (which is sour/spicy). ANd look at that hair! It looks gorgeous. And those are some intense braids, dude. I did Pure Barre for the first time. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha intense braids indeed. My hair is about as thick as a horse's tail :)
      Yes, Pure Barre counts! I loved barre when I tried it earlier this year.

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks beautiful! I did Core Power Yoga for the first time - it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jenny! Core Power Yoga sounds intense :)

      Delete
  4. i'm also super behind on christmas shopping; i'll probably be hitting target up on christmas eve trying to find last minute things. although this past weekend i did impulsively buy a jacket without trying it on first...does that count as something new? (i was in a rush and the return policy was good haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hail to the Christmas shopping slackers! To be fair, this year's shopping season was wayyyyy shorter than usual. New jacket sounds just lovely!

      Delete