Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekly Highlights

I knew this was going to be a great week when it started out Monday morning with a fire drill at my recruiting appointment!  Things only got better from there.  Here are a few highlights:


1.  I heard one of the greatest excuses for being stood up on a date.  A friend of mine told me the day he was supposed to meet a girl he met online she texted him and said she broke her tailbone while rollerblading to a friend's house.  What in the WHAT?  Is this 1995, or is she just underage?!  Stories like this almost make me want to jump back into the absurdity that is online dating.  ALMOST.


2.  The weather this week has been hot and amazing.  80-90 degrees all week, in October.  I'm not complaining :)


3.  Coming across the cutest house ever while walking in a new neighborhood this week.  It looked so out of place, nestled among all the ordinary brick houses, this colorful little adobe.  But you know what, the adobe OWNED it!  I'd love to know the story behind this charming one-of-a-kind house:

 
 
 
4.  This text from my brother-in-law about a conversation he had with my niece on Saturday morning melted my heart:
 
She apparently thinks every kid has a mommy, a daddy AND a Jilly!
 
 
 
5.  Workout clothes I got this weekend on CRAZY sale.  Disclaimer:  I do not go shopping much (or really at all) anymore for personal things for myself because of my current budget, but I was out looking for birthday gifts for my nieces and nephews and caught some extreme end-of-season sales. 
 
 
Check out the prices:  The two items on the left are from JCPenney.  The black mesh running tank was on sale for $7.99 and the purple tee was $2.79.  The two items on the right are from Old Navy.  The tshirt was $2.79 and the printed compression tights were $11.47.  WHAT is that?! They were practically giving the clothes away!
 
 
6.  Stopping by the Brooks Run Happy Island Tour at my local running store on Saturday afternoon.  I've been loyal to my Nikes for years, but after the RW Half, I'm going to need a new pair of shoes, and I'm always open to exploring what other brands have to offer.  I got my gait analyzed while running on their outdoor treadmill (they recorded me - see me below!).  They measured the angle from my knee to my ankle which reiterated I'm a neutral runner and recommended 3 shoes (the Glycerin, the Ghost and the Launch), so when I go shopping for new kicks in a few weeks, I'll give these a shot.  I'd love to hear feedback from other runners who train in Brooks!
 

 
 
7.  And finally, coming across this article on the Huffington Post.  As a non-Pumpkin Spice Latte drinker, I found this article humorously ironic.  I'm sorry to break it to you, devout PSL lovers, but um, there is no actual pumpkin in your beloved drink.  The horror! 
 
I hope you all had a great week as well!  Feel free to share some of your own highlights below!
 
 
I would also love to hear from any Brooks runners out there! 
 
Do you have experience in running in any of the 3 shoe models that were recommended to me?
 



2 comments:

  1. Fellow brooks runner! I also loved the Huffington Post link since I too am a non PSL lover. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Hi Cori! Non PSL fans of the world unite! Oh yes I do recognize your Brooks in all your IG shots. So I guess its safe to say you are a loyal fan. I'm thinking of switching it up next time I get shoes so Brooks are in the running. I'll let you know what happens :)

      Delete