Monday, February 17, 2014

That weekend I realized I'm 34 years older than someone?!

So my last post was a little tongue-in-cheek about VDay but in reality, I actually had a great Valentine's weekend! 

I headed back to PA this weekend to celebrate the first birthday of my godson.  Late Friday night, as I was helping my friend set up for the party, we started to become delirious from all the crafting and decorating going on, and I was suddenly struck by a very profound realization.  I turned to her and said, 'Can you believe we are like 35 years OLDER than your son'.  My friend, being much more gifted at math corrected me, 'Um, you mean 34'.  Yeah, of course.  Anyway, 'How is it possible that we are 34 years older than another human being?'.  This was something I could not wrap my head around.  HAHAHA  I had so much fun that night with her, we were literally cracking up at everything, and it almost felt like the days we spent back in high school and college together.  Except yeah, there was a baby sleeping upstairs, her baby, who was almost 34 years younger than both of us.  BAM!  When you stop to think about it, it's pretty crazy how time flies.  He is one cool kid though.  Watch him take complete control of his birthday cupcake.  The kid knows what's up!

 
 
In fact, he is so cool, he even has his own FAN CLUB:
He apparently likes older women :)
 
 
I got to spend this lovey-dovey weekend with lots of people I love and hadn't seen in awhile, which was really nice.  And even though I'm single, I somehow managed to come home with a pile of Valentines!
 

 
My dad has been buying Valentines for me and my sisters since we were little kids.  That giant box in the back is filled with all kinds of chewy, non chocolate candy - SCORE!  And my nephew made me some sweet crafts and gave me that new portrait - what a cutie!! 
 
So yeah, I felt very loved this weekend (and also a little old!) HA
 
Hope you all had a great weekend :)
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend! And, I completely agree that cupcakes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Hi Lisa. I think kids learn early that cupcakes are meant to be devoured!

      Delete
  2. So just think... when he's our age, you'll be 68!!! lol A few weeks ago, my bestie and I were talking about her next birthday in May and she made reference to her 35th birthday. I was like, "You won't be 35!!! You're only one year older than me!!!!" pause "ooooooh yeah....." When did I get this old?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Exactly. My 35th bday is coming up next month. I really can't believe how fast that snuck up on me :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a travel agent and when I have clients give me their birth date and it's the year I graduated high school....that makes me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! What an awesome job! It's funny how we sometimes forget our age, and then something like that just jolts us back to reality!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous weekend you had..My dad always does Valentine and Easter "treats" for my sister and I still :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are only as old as you feel, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, or in our case Lesle, as old as we look?! So, we're going on about 17 I'd say :)

      Delete
  6. OMG your weekend does sound wonderful, REGARDLESS of reminding yourself of how old you are ;) 35 is the new 20, right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha indeed! I don't feel old and pretty much always forget my age! hahaha, sometimes I wonder, How did I get here?!

      Delete