1. My new favorite drink. I just discovered this and am now officially ADDICTED. I drink Bolthouse Farms' green drink often (Green Goodness) but I would always just pass this chai drink over. Big mistake, people. Huge. I can't tell you how amazing this tastes. It looks 'milky' but it's actually soy-based so it's non dairy! Although I'm not too keen on adding unnecessary soy back into my diet after having eliminated soy milk, I think it's ok for a once-in-awhile treat like this. Also there's 9g of protein per serving which is pretty suh-weet.
2. The Fault in Our Stars. I finally got around to reading this book (there was a wait list for it at my local library). It's one of those books that I could have stayed up all night to finish, because I really wanted to find out what happened, but I didn't. I finished it in 3 days though. I kind of wanted to save the ending. This was a sad one though, and pretty depressing. I've never read any of John Green's books, perhaps because he is a 'young adult' author, but I enjoyed his writing. What I really liked about this book was the feeling of young love it conveyed. It made me remember what it was like to have those 'new love' kind of feelings, and perhaps that's why it's all the rage with adolescent girls(!). I did find the dialogue between the 2 main characters to be a bit above their head though. It reminded me of watching Dawson's Creek back in the day and thinking 'what high school student speaks like this?!'. Verdict: If you want a quick read and are ready for a good cry, then dive right in!
3. Welcome to the Psychic Network. Several weeks ago I had a very vivid dream about someone. It came out of nowhere so I didn't know what to think of it, but I couldn't shake it. However, early last week I found out that what I dreamt about ACTUALLY HAPPENED. Hello!!! Cue the Twilight Zone music. I don't know how you feel about psychic messages but I definitely believe that some people are more receptive to receiving these than others, just like people who are mediums. I don't know if there are people out there who can 'see' the future, but I think being psychic is being receptive to energy and soul communication outside the physical world. It's kind of what I think people do when they meditate (yet I still have no experience in this!). I think these people are better at blocking out everything going on in the physical world so that they are able to receive messages from their own and other's spirits. This past year, I've been really working at blocking out superficial stimuli and listening to my own intuition, and there have been more than a few instances where I thought about something or had a feeling that something might happen and then IT DID. I don't know how to explain this other than to say, I've never been more in tune with myself than I have become over the past year. Not trying to freak anyone out here! That being said, if I have a dream about you, I'll let you know ;)
4. CVS will stop selling cigarettes. I think this story was pretty groundbreaking last week, and a sign of what's to come. I think their action will have a domino effect amongst pharmacies and other retailers and it's a pretty brave action on the part of CVS. They said their motivation was that cigarettes do not fit with their philosophy of health and wellness. Granted, there are still lots of unhealthy things you can purchase there, but this is a big one! It's exciting and definitely a step in the right direction.
5. Dead Poets Society lives on. Have you seen the new commercial for the Apple iPad Air? If you have, did the narration sound familiar?! Robin Williams is actually reprising one his quotes from the great old 80's movie. If you have never seen the movie, please do. I loved hearing these words again, therefore I love this commercial. Behold:
And there you have it. You have now been privy to all the wild random thoughts running through my head last week :)
What about you? What was on your mind last week?
Did you discover any new foods, books or commercials?!
What do you think about CVS's new tobacco policy?