Monday, November 25, 2013

Life Changing: Apples - You're Doing it Wrong

So a couple weeks ago, I came across this video on my Facebook feed and needless to say, my mind was BLOWN.  Do you mean to tell me that I've been eating apples incorrectly my entire life?!  My upbringing was a sham.  What other lies have I been fed?!  (Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus - so let's not even go there.)

Watch and prepare to be amazed:




So what do you think?  Did this just turn your world upside down like it did mine?  I have always eaten apples sideways.  I mean what other way was there?  Well the only thing I could think after seeing this video was 'I must try this'.  And try I did.  Today.  And I'm sharing my results with you. 

Behold the photo evidence of my experiment:

 
 
IT WORKS!
 

I began my experiment with your average every day Gala apple (one of my favorite varieties).  I then turned that apple upside down and dove in!  Disbelief at first bite.  I was expecting to 'feel' some of the core as I bit in and chewed.  Nothing.  Another bite.  Nothing.  It was only when I got to where the seeds were contained that the texture changed slightly and I could feel a little bit of the harder casing that surrounds the seeds, but nothing daunting. I dumped out the seeds, chewed and kept going.  And going.  Until the stem fell out.  Then I finished the ENTIRE apple with no waste.  All that was left were the seeds and the stem.  Oh I felt so accomplished.  My Monday is made people.  Actually maybe my week, or my month.  I am still in awe.  My life is changed and I will never look at, or eat, an apple the same way again.  I can't wait to do this in public next time and share the magic.



How about you?

Will you try this?!

Or perhaps you are so evolutionarily advanced that you already knew you should be eating apples this way?!




6 comments:

  1. HOW COOL!! Thank you for sharing. I am definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you enjoyed it. I found this discovery simply amazing. Let me know what you think after you try it!

      Delete
  2. Mind blown. I am trying this tomorrow.

    Random awesomeness. Love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This changes everything I've ever known about the apple. Let me know how it goes for you :)

      Delete
  3. It didn't really work for me. I will try again. My family thinks I'm weird. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Chrissy I'm sorry it didn't work! The only part of mine that sometimes is a bit tough is the casing right around the seeds. And don't worry, my family thinks I'm weird too! Hahaha

      Delete